Sunday, January 13, 2008

Episode 8- Magnet School Lottery Wait (part 1)

This show was inspired by conversations with friends who are anxiously awaiting the results of the local magnet school lottery. What does that mean and what does it entail? Find out right now!

I love your feedback! Do not be shy! That's how I will grow as a talent. Here's what I am looking for- Do you think I was able to give you some good information and entertainment? And how am I doing as a host? How are my on camera skills improving? What can I do to be a better host? Besides losing 50 more pounds, sheesh! I'm working on that!

I realize the audio, video, and set issues are distracting, so that feedback is always welcome, too. A one woman production team misses a lot of those steps, so please clue me in. Since I'm trying to position myself as a talent/show host, I want to especially know how I can improve in that area. You know what? Any feedback works for me, so go nuts. That's how I can improve. Thank you!

The passion for the project is still there, I feel, along with some interesting information and a cliff hanger. Is it showing that I am getting more comfortable on camera?

Find out what I mean right now on this episode of Word To Your Mutha- The Show.

This episode is protected under © 2008 Word To Your Mutha, all rights reserved.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, very watchable. My only comment is to take a little more care setting up the interviews. The first one had curtains dawn but not completely...the gap was distracting.
The second was much better apart from the digital picture frame that flipped though pictures in the background.
Keep up the good work though. I am looking forward to seeing the Nixon BD party!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious and interesting! I liked the naturalness of the interviews - so funny how in the first one you ask "Which one would you prefer?" "Well, our first choice of course" and then in the second, "Which would you prefer - oh, of COURSE your first choice" as if remembering the previous interview. I agree with the previous poster about putting a little more thought into lighting in the physical setup of the interviews. Otherwise, looking forward to Part 2!

Mutha Mae said...

I totally agree. It wasn't until I got home that I realized the errors in the interview set ups. The big problem being having children around when shooting. And this was the second time I've tried to get those interviews. My subjects, who really dislike being on camera, were really ready for this to be over. As much as they want to help me, it's also awful to be placed on camera when you don't want to be. So I felt the pressure to get the interview quickly. The distractions are always there, and it makes me focus more on the people with me, making them comfortable and getting the set quiet, and focusing on getting info from the subjects. With a crew, this would be easier, as there would be more eyes to watch for these things. Normally TV productions are not done by one person, obviously. But I understand if I want to try to present myself as a pro, I have to watch for everything on the set. As I go along, I learn from these errors.

It's nice to hear that feedback, because I want to know what stands out and what irritates and how I can improve, so PLEASE keep those comments coming. THANK YOU!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mutha Mae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jen said...

I don't know how to improve, but I just wanted to say I love watching you talk haha. It's very easy to watch these shows, even when they are on stuff I'm not really interested in.

Been a long time since I've read/posted, glad to see you guys are hanging in there.

Anonymous said...

Mae (or Mei, whichever you would prefer) ;-)

I'm a dad of an adopted daughter from Russia. Thank you for all the insights to your daily life. I love your blog. It's also encouraging to know others feel the same way we do with the idiots in this world when it comes to an adopted child from another country. Your venting made me laugh, because on more than one occasion I have been in the same boat. The "How much did she cost?" still makes me want strangle people.

I love your blog!

jim

(further details including personal information have been removed by blog admin.)