Monday, October 22, 2007

Episode 4 Grant's Farm

I had the best time on this one, and it shows.

Everything went perfectly. The weather was perfect, the children were angels, and we got it shot in two hours, edited in one hour.

Here's a little insight into why I kept insisting I was drinking a non- alcohol beer in this episode.

When I was pregnant with Avie, I craved beer. One day I was having such a craving at Grant's Farm. Perfect! They have plenty of beer! I ordered an O'douls, which is a non- alcohol beer. It was given to me in a Michelob cup. There I was, visibly pregnant, and holding the hand of my two year old while guzzling down the beer with the other hand. I passed by a couple and the man took one look at me and said to his wife, "Only in St. Louis."

It's been a running joke in my family ever since. And now you're part of it too as you watch Episode 4 of Word To Your Mutha- The Show. Grant's Farm.

This show is protected under © 2007 Word To Your Mutha, all rights reserved.




9 comments:

BekkiBoo aka tubelessstl said...

Girl, you need to seriously present these segments to the local media for a slot on the 5/6/10 pm news slots. Outstanding!

Anonymous said...

That was awesome! I agree with Tubeless :)

Sofie said...

Awesome dude! Nice job - yet again. Actually - I think you are getting better. More relaxed - I have noticed.

A few comments - um - I went with my 21 month old and had an alcohol included beer. I guess that was bad. Only 1 mind you - not 2.

Also - those damn camels bite. And it hurts.

You are right about the goat bottles - Sofie had a few swigs of of the goat's "nei nei" the first time I took her.

LOVED IT!!! So fun - I'm going to watch again!
K

meowmix said...

GREAT! Your best one yet! You didn't leave anything out...well, maybe the Clydesdales, but we hardly get over there to see them anyway! Someone in St Louis TV definitely needs to see this one and give you a job!

I've been having an O'douls when I'm there and they're pretty good! I may just make the switch to them all the time because with no alcohol I don't get all hot and flushed!

Mutha Mae said...

I agree, this one was the best because I was having a great time and I feel more comfortable with the whole process.

Tubeless and Two Lines- local media appears to be uninterested. Either they are fully staffed or I don't meet their needs. :(

I'll keep doing what I'm doing here and see what happens next!

Anonymous said...

I don't know who that guy was getting out of the green car at the beginning, but he has a FINE backside! ;-)

The Princess's Mommy said...

Mae! These were both GREAT!! I've even got my husband hooked. He thinks you should pitch it local radio if TV won't give you a try! They really are so good! Can't wait for the next installment!
Love,
Monica

Anonymous said...

Hi Mae! I don't know if you remember me from the Dr. P buddy list? I'm pregnant with #3! I'm due next month. I love what you are doing on your blog. I wrote the local news stations to tell them about you. Maybe your other readers could write emails telling the news and cable channels about you, too? It might help. Are you still at the Mae email? I'd like to send you pictures of the kids. :)

Mutha Mae said...

Margie, that was very nice of you, thanks. Yes I am still at the Mae email. Send those pics!